This is how it looks after I worked on it for round one. I stitched a single thread from each of the loops at the edge of the lace sensor. I wanted to keep it as flat and as simple as possible, so the threads follow the weave of the canvas, almost invisible.
This is how our pressure sensor looks before any layers have been added:
These are the rules and guidelines we thought up for the pressure sensor:
- each layer has to touch/overlap the previous layer in some way
- each round uses a thicker material than the previous round
- extra points for thick + squishy materials
- try to demonstrate the idea of pressure and force
- try to encourage the user to touch!
- neutral colours (ecru)
- 8 rounds per sensor
- each day is one round!